I am a mathematician (math/CS PhD, physics MSc)
working in information theory and discrete stochastic
processes. I am also interested in theoretical
properties of statistical and neural language models.
I work at the IPI PAN, with the Statistical Analysis and Modeling Group, but occasionally I collaborate also with the Linguistic Engineering Group.
If you are interested in a PhD under my supervision, please contact me.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is (+48) 22 3800 553.
- My book "Information Theory Meets Power Laws: Stochastic Processes and Language Models" can be ordered at Wiley.
- Special Issue "Information Theory and Language" of the Entropy journal, co-edited with Christian Bentz, with my contribution "Approximating Information Measures for Fields".
- Preprint "Bounds for Algorithmic Mutual Information and a Unifilar Order Estimator".
- Preprint "Universal Coding and Prediction on Ergodic Martin-Löf Random Points" (with Tomasz Steifer).
- profiles: ORCID, arXiv, DBLP, Google Scholar, ResearchGate, Publons, LinkedIn, Twitter
- interests (in Polish), slides, teaching, CV (contains the complete publication list)
- PhD students: Tomasz Steifer (co-supervised by Dariusz Kalociński)
- Jak się wzbogacić prawie na pewno? (How to get rich almost surely?)
- Charty zostały... czyli o generowaniu wierszy sylabicznych. (On automatic generation of rhymed poems.)
- Phonetic transcription and computational poetry.
- The Chaos by Gerard Nolst Trenité, transcribed into IPA symbols by me.
- The second version of my Perl script for extracting genealogical trees from GEDCOM databases (Ancestris, Gramps, Family Tree Maker) and typesetting them in Latex using the genealogytree.sty package: ZIP archive, which contains the gedcom2latex.pl script and an example of usage.
dr hab. Łukasz Dębowski
Institute of Computer Science
Polish Academy of Sciences
ul. Jana Kazimierza 5