Welcome to Michał Dramiński web page.
I am an assistant professor in Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences
and member of Computational Biology Lab (in polish Zespół Biologii Obliczeniowej - ZBO IPI PAN).
I am also a data science project manager at Data Solutions Analytics in iQor.
In 2001 I graduated (M.Sc.) with honors from Warsaw University of Technology and after graduation I started my professional career as a visiting researcher at Machine Learning Institute on George
Mayson University (Fairfax, VA). I worked there with one of Machine Learning founders - prof. Ryszard S. Michalski on AQ algorithm and INLEN/VINLEN system. In 2003 I joined NuTech Solutions
where I worked as Data Mining Specialist on various data mining projects. In 2008, at IPI PAN, I successfully defended my Ph.D. thesis about rule induction and feature selection for
high dimensional data. In the same year (2008) NuTech has been acquired by Netezza company and I started working in Netezza Polska as Senior Data Analysis Lead. The main
goal of work there was building the set of machine learning and statistical algorithms - later called IBM Netezza Analytics (INZA). INZA is a
analytical library to be used in parallel environment such as TwinFin/IBM Netezza 1000. In 2010 Netezza has been acquired by IBM where I continued leanding and managing the
team responsible for development of INZA and the library became part of SPSS analytics tool. In 2013 I joined iQor Polska where I lead
various data science projects e.g. optimization of selling on New York Yankee Stadium, development of demand forecasting model for EnerNOC Company (Boston, MA),
prediction of failures in electronic devices. Currently I work for BAMTech Media/Disney where I am responsible for various Data Science projects (including media recommendations)
related to E+ (ESPN) and D+ Streaming platform.
Work in commercial companies gives me great opportunity to challenge the real world problems.
All my work is concentrated on subfields of Artificial Intelligence (AI):
machine learning and statistics. The main areas of my research are: classification, high dimension data feature selection
(MCFS-ID algorithm), clustering, text mining, natural language
processing (NLP), fraud detection, optimization, customer profiling, time series analysis, bioinformatics, parallel computing and large scale problems (BIG DATA).
I am an author (or co-author) of over 40 scientific publications and together with my colleagues from IPI PAN I am leading the
Bioinformatics (ZMADBM) course on
Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw.
My personal details
- Name: Michał Dramiński
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
- Affiliation: Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
- Ph.D. engineer in Computer Science at Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences.
- M.Sc. engineer in Computer Science at Warsaw University of Technology (graduated with honors).
- B.Sc. engineer in Computer Science at Warsaw University of Technology.
- Current positions held:
- Assistant Professor - Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Data Science Project Manager - iQor Polska
- 2002-2008 Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPI PAN). Ph.D.
- 2000-2001 Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology. M.Sc.
- 1995-2000 Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology. B.Sc.
- 2017 - present Senior Data Scientist - BAMTech Media/Disney
- 2017 - 2018 Academic teacher (bioinformatics course) - UKSW
- 2014 - 2017 Data Science Project Manager - iQor Polska
- 2013 - 2014 Senior Data Analyst - iQor Polska
- 2011 - 2013 Netezza Analytics Manager - IBM Polska
- 2008 - present Assistant Professor - Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPI PAN)
- 2009 - 2010 Senior Data Analysis Lead - Netezza Polska
- 2007 - 2008 Senior Data Mining Specialist - NuTech Solutions/Netezza Polska
- 2003 - 2008 Assistant - Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- 2002 - 2007 Data Mining Specialist - NuTech Solutions
- 2001 - 2002 Visitor researcher - George Mason University, Machine Learning Institute USA (collaboration with dr. Ryszard S. Michalski on VINLEN project)
- 2001 Programmer/Designer - Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (project INLEN*)
- 2000 Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center in Poland (lecturer: databases, programming, SQL, C++)
Professional knowledge and skills
- High analytical and leading skills.
- OS: Linux, OSX, Windows.
- Programming languages: Java, R, C\C++, HTML, SQL/T-SQL/nzSQL, Pascal, Visual Basic.
- Data Mining Tools: R, STATISTICA, SAS, Weka, SPSS.
- Databases: Oracle, MS SQLServer, MySQL, PostgeSQL, Netezza DB, Red Shift, MS Access.
- Object oriented analysis and development (UML, Rational Rose, RTC, Agile).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in areas: machine learning, text mining/NLP, optimization, statistics.
- Highly experienced in: gathering of client's requirements, presentation of results.
- High communication and social skills.
- Languages: Polish (native), English, Russian.